Prep and Party
November launches the holiday season, often finding us gathered in the kitchen, preparing meals to share with visiting family and friends. Designed by architect Andrew Franz, this modern kitchen in Kaleidoscope: Living in Color and Patterns (Gestalten, 2016) is both warm and functional. Mixing natural materials with bright, bold colors creates a varied palette that allows for easy holiday decorating. Dark stone countertops are sleek, durable, and easily withstand holiday stress and mess. Accent the room with assorted metals in various ways by adding gold pendant lighting, silver faucets, and fun kitchen accessories like a gold pineapple cocktail shaker. Prep the counter with elements for your tablescape, including an autumnal centerpiece, modern ceramic dishes, and matte flatware. Now pour yourself a freshly shaken seasonal cocktail and enjoy!
The architecture and interior design, by Andrew Franz Architect PLLC, effectively combines salvaged materials with modern elements for a bold twist on classic design.
1. Piper Pendant by Tech Lighting // House of Lights
2. Woodward Basic Dinnerware Set // Heath Ceramics
3. T66 Tangerine by Red Rock Tileworks // Distinctive Tile and Design
4. Soapstone Slab in Noire by Dorado Soapstone // Morningstar Stone and Tile
5. Olive Burl Wood Credenza by Milo Baughman // Motive Furniture
6. Thompson Sculpted Stool in Walnut // Chilton
7. SMEG Kettle in Cream // SMEG
8. Teak Haus End Grain Scandi // LeRoux Kitchen
9. Gold Pineapple Cocktail Shaker // Lemon Zest Home