20201013 MBabin Wiscasset CastleTucker HR-15_4

Tinker Toys

Richard Tucker Jr. bought the house in 1857 and added the three-story piazza to the front in 1859. When Lee built the house, it was heated by a central chimney system. An unknown subsequent owner relocated the chimneys to the outside of the two rounded bays that flank the center section of the mansion. After he turned the home’s original dining room into a billiard room, Richard Tucker built a smaller dining room onto the back of the house, adjacent to the kitchen. During the period when Castle Tucker took in paying guests, the room had several tables where they took their meals.

Share The Inspiration